Samsung adds a Touch of Color to a blazing-fast 4ms response time andrich connectivity features to redefine the role HDTVs play in the home with its forward-looking Series 6 (A650) and Series 7 (A750) LCD HDTVs. Utilizing the award-winning technologies found in all Samsung HDTVs, Series 6 and 7 HDTVs deliver unparalleled picture quality and enhanced connectivity and networking capabilities that create a true entertainment hub for any home. Series 7 takes networking and multimedia management to a whole new level. Consumers can easily enjoy MPEG and JPEG files stored on external devices by connecting through a side-mounted USB 2.0, turning their LCD into a full-scale home viewing gallery, or connect their MP3 players for a dynamic audio experience.
- New — 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio: up from 25,000:1 on 2007 models
- New — Blazing 4ms response time: down from 8ms on 2007 models thanks to a new high-speed liquid crystal
- New — Transparent and Opaque Color (TOC) bezel with infused color creates an ultra-sleek shape and appearance
- New — InfoLink: Get free RSS feeds of news, weather and sports right to your HDTV with a built-in Ethernet port
- New — 4 HDMI 1.3 ports: Simplay compliant, and up from 3 on 2007 models
- New — Sports and Game modes boost on-screen performance and interaction with the latest gaming systems
- New — Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV’s audio system or your home theater system.
- New — Compatible with Samsung’s Home Digital Media Adapter (sold separately) for playback and navigation of Internet and stored PC multimedia
- Full 1080p HD
- Automotion Plus 120Hz image interpolation technology provides smoother motion
- 178-degree viewing angle from all four axes with Super Patterned Vertical Alignment
- Better clear panel technology for deeper blacks and more vibrant colors?
- Hidden speakers with SRS TruSurround XT audio
- Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp (CCFL) and Wide Color Enhancer technology offer a wider color range
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC sources
- V-Chip system1 allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by the parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Variable sleep timer to turn the TV off in varying time intervals.
- Auto wall mount compatible: 3-dimensional operation via TV??™s remote control; no external IR receiver required.
- Swivel stand included
- 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Series 7: Internal flash memory (1GB) with pre-loaded interactive content such as cooking recipes, children’s entertainment, HD artwork and more, Integrated woofer for an enhanced audio experience, DLNA-Compatibility for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers
- Series 8: super-slim 1.9-inch thick profile
- Comparison of Features for various Samsung LCD HDTV models
- What size TV should you get?
TruSurround is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including internal television speakers and headphones. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats up to 5.1 channels. High-quality virtual surround sound can be experienced with just the two hidden, downward-firing side-mounted 2.2-channel dome speakers built into the TV.
SRS TruSurround XT technology delivers an amazing, simulated 3D effect with clear dialog and powerful bass.
TruSurround XT audio also adds three audio enhancement technologies to produce an amazingly immersive sound experience.
- Dialog Clarity brings movie dialog into Focus during the playback of any surround-encoded material to make speech much clearer and crisper.
- TruBass creates incredible deep rich bass allowing a person to perceive significantly deeper, richer low bass tones that are far beyond the physical low frequency capabilities of the speaker itself.
- The SRS WOW feature widens the soundstage by processing standard two-channel stereo material as well as multi-channel encoded material for a dramatic improvement in the playback of any stereo audio over a two-speaker system.
Stereo broadcast reception is offered for MTS and SAP with 181-channel capacity. A sound leveler keeps audio volume consistent during channel changing.